This guide gives an overview of the changes made in the 3.12.1 Release.
The following updates were made in the 3.12.1 Release to enhance the user experience:
1. Introducing the Chat Feature
The chat feature allows all participants in a negotiation to easily communicate with one another and quickly share updates.
There are different chat channels available. For example:
- Agents can chat with Agents
- Buyers can chat with their Buyer Agent
- Sellers can chat with their Listing Agent and;
- Listing Agents can send mass communications to all participants in a negotiation.
Important: The following chat restrictions have been put in place to maintain the integrity of every agent-client relationship:
- Buyer Agents cannot message Sellers
- Sellers cannot message Buyer Agents
- Buyers cannot message Listing Agents
- Listing Agents cannot message Buyers
- Buyers cannot message Sellers
- Sellers cannot message Buyers
The image below illustrates the chat permissions that are allowed in Openn.
Click here to learn more about the chat feature.
2. Broker Features
Now, you can register as a broker and have the same elevated permissions as an agency administrator. With a broker account, you can oversee the agents on your team and all the negotiations underneath your brokerage.
Learn how to register as a broker here.
3. Updates to the Default Listing Settings
We've updated the settings for our U.S. and Canada platforms to ensure the buyer agent requirements align with standard real estate practices. Click here to learn more about managing offer settings for buyer agents.
4. Updates to the Escalate/Update Offer Process
In the Escalate/Update Offer Process, we've revised the confirmation screen to read: "Please select the offer you wish to update".